[ltp] TrackPoint Driver in 2.6.14

Bernhard Sputh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:04:40 +0000

--nextPart3451731.XGzIc0Mbvo

On Sunday 30 October 2005 03:35, Stephen Evanchik wrote:
> HI everyone,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that the TrackPoint driver is in Linus'
> tree starting with 2.6.14.=20

Thank You, the driver was my reason for upgrading to 2.6.14.

> Let me know if you have problems with it.=20

I don't know if it is me doing something wrong, but when I try to enable th=
e=20
press to select option on my trackpoint using, as root:

echo 1 >/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/press_to_select

The function does not get enabled. In contrast when using midnight commande=
r=20
editing the file replacing the 0  with a 1 to it and then saving the file i=
t=20
works. Same with the other options offered in the driver.=20

With other drivers the echo approach works.

Maybe You can shed some light into what is going wrong.=20

Before I forget it I'm running a vanilla kernel 2.6.14. If You need additio=
nal=20
information feel free to contact me.

Cheers
Bernhard