[ltp] poll: battery life under T43

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:25:30 +0200

>What I did to get conserve power: enable dynamic clock xorg, put scaling
>governor to conservative(which pretty much keep my computer at 800MHz).

Can't you go to 600Mhz ?
I use a daemon with a lazy-to-raise policy, that is really efficient for
powersaving and quiet comfortable.

>I don't use laptop mode because I worry about the repeated spin up and
>spin down destroying HD.

HDD on -> + 2W
FAN on -> +1W
DynamicClock off -> + 2W
Wifi powermanagement off -> + 2W
USB-mouse -> +2W

When idle (I even dont touch the keyboard), using ubuntu hoary & gnome,
my laptop stabilize to 10,5W in laptop mode (hdd in standby).
For a 6-cell battery of 42Wh (like mine) It can run exactly 4 hours.
When in use, average consumption is 12W.

paul