[ltp] poll: battery life under T43

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:04:21 -0400

Hi Paul:
Thanks for you response.

I didn't know about wireless power management, but if it reduce the
power by 2w, it will really help me. At least make me to put back up my
screen to readable level.

Whoa you seem to get really good powermanagement! What's your hardware
configuration? Do you have Somona architecture so that your hard drive
shows up as sda? I worry a bit about using hdparm to tune the
power hard drive in my case because it is using a passthrough layer in
kernel that's not enable for default because it is too immature.
How often do your hard drive  enter standby? How fast is your screen?

I read somewhere you don't save too much by going down below 800MHz,
but I'll try 600. Yeah I also put my governor to conservative. If I
really try I can put it on always lowest to reduce my laptop to a
600MHz machine!

Jiang