[ltp] ibm-acpi : No such device

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:05:23 +0300

Roger wrote:

> I have a A31 running a 2.6.13 kernel.
> I compiled the ibm-acpi driver successfully (version 0.11), but I am
> not able to load the module:
>
> A31:/proc/acpi# modprobe ibm_acpi
> FATAL: Error inserting ibm_acpi
> (/lib/modules/2.6.13/acpi/ibm_acpi.ko): No such device
>
> A31:/proc/acpi# dmesg
> [...]
> ibm_acpi: IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.11
> ibm_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
> ibm_acpi: acpi_install_notify_handler(hotkey) failed: 7
>
> The same error occurs if I use 'modprobe ibm_acpi
> hotkey=enable,0xffff' or I compile the kernel with ibm-acpi support.
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

I got the same error. It must have something to do with new options in
the 2.6.13 configuration. I copied my .config file from 2.6.12.5 and did
a 'make oldconfig'. There were some new acpi related options, including
something related to 'hotkey'. I have for the time being reverted to
kernel 2.6.12.5 until I have the time to compile 2.6.13 a bit more
systematically.

I'll post back if I figure something out.

Cheers, Leon.