[ltp] DRI/OpenGL with radeon driver

Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:00:02 +0200

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 13:09:56 +0200, François Fleuret wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> <Tino Keitel> wrote on 31 Aug 2005 20:08:48 MET:
>
> > If your card is newer than Radeon 9200, then you need either the fglrx
> > driver from ATI or the one from http://r300.sourceforge.net/.
>
> When I try to apply the patch provided on that site to a 2.6.13
> kernel, I am being told that it has already been patched.
>
> Since the kernel is more recent then the one for which the patch is
> provided (2.6.9), does it mean that it actually includes the changes,
> or is the patch command messing up and claiming the changes are
> included while they are not ?
>
> In any case, with that kernel (2.6.13) on my T41p, I still do not have
> the direct rendering.

It's not just one kernel module...

You need:

- X.org CVS

- Mesa CVS

- DRM CVS

Build X.org, Mesa and the r300 Mesa driver, install all of it.

Build drm.ko and radeon.ko, install it into the kernel module
directory.

Further instructions are in the READMEs for the r300 driver in the DRM
source.

Regards,
Tino