[ltp] DRI/OpenGL with radeon driver

Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:16:11 -0400

On 9/1/05, D. Sen <dsen@ieee.org> wrote:
> hmm I have been using the radeon driver for a few months now. I have
> never had any success with DRI though. I have tried enabling it on
> xorg.conf after loading appropriate modules into the kernel...but it has
> never worked.
>=20

well, it won't work until you are using a new enough version of the
the drivers.  At this point you need to use the cvs versions of all
three (ddx, drm, mesa) to get direct rendering on r3/400 class
hardware.  The version of X that ship with most distros (6.8.x) does
not support 3d on your hardware.

Alex