[ltp] cd-rw/dvd problem on R51

Michał Trzciński linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:28:01 +0200

Dnia piątek, 2 września 2005 10:26, Frederic Gaus napisał:
FG> Michał Trzciński wrote:
FG> > Is my CD-RW/DVD drive crashed?
FG>
FG> Yes, I guess so. I have the same errors here on my R40 - seems to be
FG> typically for Rxx. A friend of mine has similar errors, too (on R40).
FG>
FG> Sadly, my warranty is over.
FG>
FG> I'm not that sure, if the errors show that the cdrom is defect. The
FG> mainboard could be damaged,too. Yeah, the first case would be nicer, I
FG> know ;)

I bought my R51 10 month ago and it was new!  My friend bought another R51 with me. He was a problems with mainboard 2 weeks ago, but his cd-rom works properly, his thinkpad likes to freeze.
I've used my cd-rom sparsely, especially to copy or burn some cd. I have burned on it ~15 cdrw. I didn't use cd-rom 2 weeks and suddenly it does'nt work with that messages... I've tried to put cd another vendors and i think cd cleaner will not help.
I thought that IBM laptops are damage safe. I was wrong :(

mt