[ltp] Good digital camera/reader for Debian R32?

Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:44:51 -0400 (EDT)

My trusty Canon A70 just popped its shutter.  $200 to repair, might as
well buy new.

Except I discovered that my card reader was CF/SM and everyone seems to be
switching to SD.

So I need to do some homework. Consumer Reports is a good source on the
hardware, but Linux compatibility is what I want to confirm.

Debian Sarge, Linux debian 2.4.26-1-686, Thinkpad R32.

Anyone using a similar config who can point me to a new camera and card
reader solution that is a) painless and b) cheap?

As ever, thanks in advance.