[ltp] second x-session: no screens found

Florian Dorpmueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:28:00 +0000

Hi there,

I am trying to establish a second x-session on my R51. Normally I start my X
without glx and dri because of saving power during normal work. But
sometimes I like to have some fun with tuxracer and for this it would be
nice to have a second x-session with glx and dri on.

To get a second session is easy: "startx -- :1" and that's it.

But how to start the session with a second config file?

I have played with "xinit -- :1 -xf86config XF86Config-4.glx" where
XF86Config-4.glx is the file that enables dri and glx. But with this I get"
Fatal server error: no screens found" and: "XIO:  fatal IO error 104
(Connection reset by peer) on X server ":1.0" after 0 requests (0 known
processed) with 0 events remaining."

Hopefully anybody in the community can halp me to solve this problem. My
idea is that I have to insert the correct BusID for the screen...

Flori