[ltp] T41 2373 Display TFT - Only 60Hz ??

Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:27:59 -0400

On 9/2/05, Guillermo Latorre <superwillyfoc@rastafurbi.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>=20
> I have a short and direct question...
> I have a Thinkpad T41, 2373-2GG model with a 14,1-inch display and
> 1024x768 resolution.
> I hope anybody else with this machine...
>=20
> The doubt is: I am running Ubuntu Hoary with Gnome and Xorg, and my TFT
> Display is running with 60Hz (is "refresh" the English word?).
>=20
> I have gone to Gnome Menu -> System -> Preferences -> Screen Resolution,
> but only have 1024x768 with 60Hz.
>=20
> I am not sure, but think it is strange that value, because all TFT's I
> have used can work with 70Hz, 75Hz, 80Hz...
>=20
> How can I change this?

you can't change the refresh rate of the built in display, LCDs don't
really redraw like a CRT, the pixels are either on or off.  Most LCDs
that are attached via an analog connection run optimally at 60 Hz,
sometimes even 50Hz.  The 70+Hz modes are more for compatiablity with
analog cards.

Alex