[ltp] X30 + 2.6.13 + APM == broken suspend/resume... help?

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 02:17:47 +0100

Karl Klashinsky wrote:
> Note, my X30 is one of the earlier models, with an i830 graphics chip
> (i.e., no radeon chipset in this one).
>
> I'm sure I'm not running ACPI... I disabled ACPI during the kernel
> build, and there is no /proc/acpi after boot.
>
> The suspend works fine, box goes nicely to sleep (fans, disk, screen,
> etc, all power down), then my little "moon" light comes on.
>
> The resume starts out ok, the screen comes back to life, disk spins up,
> screen gets redrawn... then it freezes.

I guess this is the usual problem. Basically:

#!/bin/bash
#you must be root to do this, or setuid root.
chvt 1
sync
kill -STOP `pidof X`
apm -s
#It is now in suspend
#Now we have woken up
kill -CONT `pidof X`
sync

You may find that the chvt suffices without the kill -STOP.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Richard