[ltp] DRI/OpenGL with radeon driver

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:06:17 +1000

Spend hours saturday trying to get DRI working with the open-source
driver - without much success. Basically tried to follow the
instructions on the wiki (http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building).
Here is a summary of what happened:

	1) Managed to compile xorg from the CVS fine. (required a few tweaks,
mostly to do with 'freetype' and 'zlib').
	2) Building libdrm (again from CVS) was not so easy. Had to deal with
incompatibilities in autoconf/automake, etc etc. Finally I got it built
and installed.
	3) Mesa again complained about drm package not being installed. Managed
to convince it that drm was installed. Again, built and installed.

	Final result however was that X would start for all of 30 seconds
before hard-locking up the machine.

	I then went back to an email on the list by David Desrosier on how he
used code from sourceforge.net instead of the instructions on the wiki.
This however didnt work for me either.

	So, I would appreciate it very much if someone who has had success in
building this to put up their source trees (for drm, Mesa, etc) with
details of what they did to get it working.

Thanks,
DS