Dual head with i810 (Was: [ltp] xorg dual-head with R50e)

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:06:10 +0200

Mo @ 2005-09-08 (Thursday), 23:08 (+0100)
> Hi there,

Evening,

> I am trying to get a Xorg xinerama setup to work with my R50e, but even after
> searching google for days and trying many many different configurations I
> can't get it to work. The graphics card is a Intel 855GM. I'm running Debian
> Unstable, Xorg 6.8.2 (debian package) with a custom 2.6.13 kernel.

It has been discussed on this list before, but noone has succeeded with
i810 thinkpads as far as I have seen? Radeons are a completely differnt
story.

One thread ended with this link and a wording stating the writer never
did get it to work. :/

http://www.chronox.de/x40_linux/linux_on_x40.html#dual_head_configuration_with_x_org

I've never gotten it to work either. :/  But at least I think your
configuration looks all right, and your error messages are exactly like
mine.

There are a zillion problems with the currently packaged i810 driver.
Hopefully some of them will go away when #319137 gets fixed, but I never
did get anything more to work by downloading the bleeding edge driver
from http://www.fairlite.demon.co.uk/intel.html. A few more i810 bugs
are reported against the xserver-xorg package. None that is only
concerning a simple dual head configuration, but they are close enough.
--
/Martin