Update/new info (was: [ltp] X30 + 2.6.13 + APM == broken suspend/resume... help?)

Karl Klashinsky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:51:59 -0700

For those who might be interested...

Adding mm patch-set, and bringing the kernel up to 2.6.13-mm2 resolved
the problem.

Based on the IRQ/device messages coming from the kernel during the
resume (but prior to the x30 locking up), it appeared that the machine
was freezing up near the end of resuming the graphics card/display, or
just as the PCMCIA subsystem was resuming.  I decided to try the mm2
patch-set after noticing these two comments in the mm2 changelog:

- Large revamp of pcmcia suspend handling
- Lots of framebuffer driver updates

Anyway, with 2.6.13-mm2, everything seems to be fine (but I've only been
using it for about 12hrs so far).

--
klash        |       |      Galbraith's Law of Human Nature: Faced
            .|.     .|.     with the choice between changing one's