[ltp] Confused about ACPI fan control script

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:06:13 +0200

------=_Part_9589_26465768.1126605973562

Hi, I want to try the script to control the fan (the one to solve the=20
"always-on problem"), but after reading the wiki and so many mails with=20
changes to the script, I'm a bit confused about it.

Can anyone write down a stable script that would work on most TP ? I'm usin=
g=20
an R52 TP.

I went to http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ACPI_fan_control_script and read the=20
simple script, but I guess it won't work on my Ubuntu Hoary because when I=
=20
run 'cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal', it says that the file does not exist, so=
=20
it won't be able to read the temperature, I guess.

I do have acpi installed, and when I run 'acpi -V' it shows:

Battery 1: charging, 92%, 00:25:39 until charged
Thermal 1: ok, 46.0 degrees C
AC Adapter 1: on-line

Can anyone tell me where to find the scripts for Ubuntu and R52, and=20
installation instructions in case I need extra packages?

Thanks!

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_9589_26465768.1126605973562

Hi, I want to try the script to control the fan (the one to solve the
"always-on problem"), but after reading the wiki and so many mail=
s with
changes to the script, I'm a bit confused about it.<br>
Can anyone write down a stable script that would work on most TP ? I'm usin=
g an R52 TP.<br>
I went to <a href=3D"http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ACPI_fan_control_script">htt=
p://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ACPI_fan_control_script</a> and read
the simple script, but I guess it won't work on my Ubuntu Hoary because
when I run 'cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal', it says that the file does not
exist, so it won't be able to read the temperature, I guess.<br>
I do have acpi installed, and when I run 'acpi -V' it shows:<br>
&nbsp; Battery 1: charging, 92%, 00:25:39 until charged<br>
&nbsp; Thermal 1: ok, 46.0 degrees C<br>
&nbsp; AC Adapter 1: on-line<br>
Can anyone tell me where to find the scripts for Ubuntu and R52, and instal=
lation instructions in case I need extra packages?<br>
ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org<br>webs: <a href=3D"http://capitanplaneta.blogspo=
t.com/">
http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/</a>

------=_Part_9589_26465768.1126605973562--