[ltp] Linux approved scanner/printer combination

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:13:00 +0200

------=_Part_9661_678513.1126606380528

Don't know about good brands, but I think HP is the best choice for Linux.

My experience: *Avoid Lexmark*. I bought a scanner+printer device (X5250)=
=20
and it is not supported on Linux.

Jaime

2005/8/31, Nate <nrs27@cornell.edu>:
>=20
> It is the beginning of another school year and I find myself wanting to
> scan my homework before I turn it in. Coincidentally, I am very serious
> about switching to linux on my T41, and would like my hardware to be
> linux friendly.
>=20
> I don't need top of the line speed or anything like that. I just need
> something that can scan and print in black and white. Pluses would be
> Automatic Document Feeder, and color printing in that order.
>=20
> What do you guys use already, or can suggest?
>=20
> -Nathan
> --
>=20

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_9661_678513.1126606380528

Don't know about good brands, but I think HP is the best choice for Linux.<=
br>
My experience: *Avoid Lexmark*. I bought a scanner+printer device (X5250) a=
nd it is not supported on Linux.<br>
Jaime<br>
lto:nrs27@cornell.edu">nrs27@cornell.edu</a>&gt;:</span><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin=
: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
It is the beginning of another school year and I find myself wanting to<br>=
scan my homework before I turn it in. Coincidentally, I am very serious<br>=
about switching to linux on my T41, and would like my hardware to be<br>
linux friendly.<br><br>I don't need top of the line speed or anything like =
that. I just need<br>something that can scan and print in black and white. =
Pluses would be<br>Automatic Document Feeder, and color printing in that or=
der.