[ltp] trackpoint sensible

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:04:24 +0100

William Dode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some times the cursor continue to move when i release the trackpoint,
> slowly and not far. I would like to change the sensibility of the
> trackpoint on X.

This is normal behaviour for the trackpoint - it re-calibrates all the
time. The trick is not to rest your finger on the trackpoint when you
aren't trying to move it. If you do reduce the sensitivity, this problem
will go away, but you'll have to push it very hard.

As for your actual question, I think that under the 2.6 kernel, you have
to recompile with a patch, but the 2.4 kernel can just use tp4d in
user-space.

Regards,

Richard