[ltp] Confused about ACPI fan control script

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:30:17 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Damien Challet wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 September 2005 11:06, Jaime Iniesta wrote:
>> I went to http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ACPI_fan_control_script and read the
>> simple script, but I guess it won't work on my Ubuntu Hoary because when I
>> run 'cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal', it says that the file does not exist, so
>> it won't be able to read the temperature, I guess.
>
> install ibm-acpi, see ibm-acpi.sf.net
>
> Damien

Jaime,

To amplify that, you'll need to install the *latest* ibm-acpi,
probably have to remove or replace the one installed with your
kernel, and modprobe it with experimental=1. You can put this in
/etc/modprobe.conf - see list archives or the README at the site
above.

Honey