[ltp] 2.6 kernel on TP600 ?

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:05:43 +0200

Nicolas @ 2005-09-13 (Tuesday), 12:53 (+0200)
> I use a Debian SID on a Thinkpad 600E. It's not a kernel provided by
> Debian.
> Init ramdisks? I created an initrd for both 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 kernel and
> I still get the exact kernel panic at boot time... :-/

Did you try:

"
apt-get install kernel-package linux-source-2.6.12
cd /usr/src
tar xvjf linux-source-2.6.12.tar.bz2
cd linux-source-2.6.12
make menuconfig                                        [and stuff...]
make-kpkg --initrd --revision tp600.rev1 kernel-image
make-kpkg modules-image
dpkg -i ../*tp600.rev1*deb
"

?

That should get everything installed correctly and keep thing organized
for you with the package management system.

If the above does not work, does it work when exchanging your .config
with the debian default config? In case it does, creating multiple
revisions is a sweeet way to track down the exact option causing the
failure. (You could have a look at --append-to-version too if you want
more than one kernel of a version installed at once)
--
/Martin