[ltp] Wine and Windows XP

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:57:13 +1200

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:07, Hector Socas Navarro wrote:
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I'm trying to make wine run some of my windows ap=
plications, such
> as powerpoint or stellarium.

You can make really beautiful presentations in the linux environment.
=46or a similar program to PowerPoint you can use the OpenOffice.org Impres=
s=20
utility. Export the work as a PDF file and use a recent Acroread to view yo=
ur=20
masterpiece.

Better, imho, presentations can be made using Scribus, and Acroread as the=
=20
viewer.

If you are into doing things using scripts, LaTeX, possibly with the LyX=20
front-end, can create really beautiful slides.

Stellarium is a native Linux program, you do not need Wine to run it.
Celestia and Kstars are alternatives.

=2D-=20
CS