[ltp] External TFT only with a possibilty to use DRI

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:33:37 +0200

--=-htHH/m7qpktJOn+g6vMC

hi,

I've tried several configuration files to use the external
TFT(1280x1024) with full resolution off the TFT on my T40(build in LCD
1024x768).

This worked for me to use the TFT with high resolution without the build
in LCD:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
    Driver      "radeon"
    Option      "MergedFB"              "True"
    Option     "MonitorLayout"          "CRT,LVDS"
EndSection

With this setup, I can use the external TFT on the high resolution and
the build in LCD is turned off, because the resolution is to high for
this. This is enough for me, no need for the build in LCD to use
parallel to the external TFT.

What doesn't work is this:

 # Switches the Video Overlay to the external TFT
 Option      "OverlayOnCRTC2"        "On"=20

The log file says, that this one is ignored, but I don't know why.=20

I have to execute this command to get it working:
xvattr -a XV_SWITCHCRT -v 1

This is not a big problem, but this one is more worse:
 I can't play DVDs, because the DRI must be switched of to use MergeFB.
Is there an other solution to get the external TFT on the high
resolution with activated TFT?

- The Solution with 2 Screen Sections is not the best one, because xfce4
can't handle the panel with several screens :(

My System:

IBM Thinkpad T40 2373-8CG
build in LCD resolution: 1024x768
external TFT resolution: 1280x1024

Linux System: Gentoo with self build kernel 2.6.13 + several patches:
radeon, suspend2
Xorg 6.8.2

Thx for your help

Konstantin

--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-htHH/m7qpktJOn+g6vMC

--=-htHH/m7qpktJOn+g6vMC--