[ltp] 7200rpm drives

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:22:47 -0400 (EDT)

	None of these drives are available yet.  You can get a 7k60 60GB
7200 RPM drive (check pricegrabber for travelstar 7k60), though that seems
to have been discontinued in favor of the not-yet-in-stores 7k100.  The
e* drives are rated for 24x7 for blades and so on -- I'm not sure they
even have the same power saving as the standard models, so I wouldn't go
that way for a laptop.  The Seagate 7200.1 is also not available, and
looks to be more expensive than the Hitachi line.

	Anyway, I've used the 7k60 in a T 3x and T4x with no problems, but
I haven't tried an R.

Aaron