[ltp] Re: Wet AC adaptor

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:54:21 +1000

Leon Brokken <leobro@utu.fi> writes:

> the AC adaptor of my T41 got soaked due to heavy rain to the the point
> that water was coming out of it when I shook it. I kept the adaptor on
> a heater for more than 48h but it doesn't seem to work anymore. It's
> still on the heater (only a bit warm) but I don't expect it to
> resurrect.
>
> For a replacement, can I get any adaptor with the appropriate plug? Or
> would I rather order one from IBM?

You could use any adapter that has the appropriate plug, along with the
appropriate output voltage and power capacity.  Using the wrong voltage
or power capacity can destroy your hardware or, worse, cause fires.

If you don't know how to verify that the replacement equipment is going
to supply the right sort of power, save yourself a world of risk and
pain, and just buy a replacement from IBM.

Regards,
        Daniel