[ltp] performance with X.org - radeon 7500 T41

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:35:53 +0200

--=-sC+JeOMPVOCX9JzzXRRh

hi,

Section "Device"
#remove this line and you should get your fps:
# This is only needed to connect several displays with different
# resolutions
# If you use MergeFB, the DRI Interface is disabled automatically
Option          "MergeFB"               "true"

#this line is not needed anymore, remove it too, this is detected
# automatically:
         VideoRam        32768

#ati driver is the same as the radeon one, but I would choose radeon:
Driver          "radeon"

#I would add this too:
# Faster AGP: AGP 4x
Option      "AGPMode" 		"4"
Option      "EnableDepthMoves"      "On"
# Should rise your frames a little bit
Option      "EnablePageFlip"        "True" =20
Option      "RenderAccel"           "On"
# cools down your GPU, if you don't use DRI
Option      "DynamicClocks"         "True"
EndSection

Section "Module"
#This is what you need to load, remove the other one:
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "radeon"
    Load        "freetype"
    Load        "synaptics"
    Load        "GLcore"
    Load        "bitmap"
    Load        "dbe"
# This loads the GLX module
    Load        "glx"
# This loads the DRI module
    Load        "dri"
EndSection

I have a Radeon 7500 too. If you want to see my config.=20

http://fallenangel.deathcon.de/xorg.conf

There is a lot of stuff you don't need, but contact me and I can setup a
clean config for you, if you wish.

There are a lot of help on the net, if you use google  or
http://www.thinkwiki.org   ;)

Greetz

Konstantin

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 12:08 +0200, alejo wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Florian Dorpmueller wrote:
>=20
>=20
> >>

> > On my R51 which has a Mobility Radeon 7500 as well I had to compile =20
> > agpgart and intel-agp into the kernel and not as module.
> >

>=20
>=20
> Yes maybe thats one of the problems since i still get the failed to =20
> load agpgart module message from the X log...its suggests making the =20
> agpgart module to loaded before the radeon one.
>=20
> I have read somewhere that in debian theres no need to edit /etc/=20
> modules anymore so i dont know how to inverse the module loading =20
> process.
>=20
> i will compile them in the kernel and will inform a bit later.
>=20
> thanks flori,
> /a
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > Flori

>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-sC+JeOMPVOCX9JzzXRRh

--=-sC+JeOMPVOCX9JzzXRRh--