InputDevices (was: Re: [ltp] performance with X.org - radeon 7500 T41)

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:31:34 +0300

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:14:19PM +0200, Wolfgang Karall wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 15:32 +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > Your kernel needs CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV for /dev/input/*
>=20
> Speaking of evdev, synaptics etc. I wonder whether anyone has an idea
> how to set up the input devices for Xorg in a really useful way.=20
>=20
> But the trackpoint in combination with an external USB mouse gives me
> troubles.

/dev/psaux for the synaptics touchpad, and /dev/input/mice for the rest.
Works fine (hotplugging USB mice, whatever):

  Section "InputDevice"
          Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
          Driver          "mouse"
          Option          "CorePointer"
          Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
          Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
          Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
  EndSection

  Section "InputDevice"
          Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
          Driver          "synaptics"
          Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
          Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
          Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
  EndSection

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Special bonus feature: absolutely nowhere in RetchMail's code is there an
arbitrary 3-second sleep(). Wow! What other mail retriever can say that? (H=
int:
not fetchmail.)
	-- http://open.nit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=3DRetchMail

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd