[ltp] Re: Wet AC adaptor

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:46:05 +1000

Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> writes:
> On 9/19/05, Donald B. Altman <dona@singulartech.com> wrote:
>> ** Reply to message from Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> on Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:54:21 +1000
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You can find (sometimes used) IBM chargers on e-bay.
>
> plus on the various thinkpads I've used the chargers are
> interchangeable so I can use my X24 charger on my T20 etc.  I'm not
> sure if this is conistent accross all models or not.

Do watch out - the output ratings have changed, usually upwards, over
time.  Plug compatible doesn't always make it safe.  Check the output
voltage, current, etc, instead.

...and, yes, it /will/ just work.  Probably for a long time, if it is
close and you don't run the machine at full draw on a regular basis.

It still isn't a good idea to over-draw on the equipment.

   Daniel