[ltp] irda, Ericsson T39, gnokii problems

Robert Svoboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:16:18 +0200

* Sebastian Anding <andingseb@fh-bingen.de> [2005-09-20 12:10]:
> I tried it with my T610 and found a german page[1] which meant to set
> the following parameters:
>
> echo 1000 > /proc/sys/net/irda/min_tx_turn_time
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/irda/max_tx_window
>
> Then I: cat /proc/net/irda/discovery and saw my phone connecting.

Yes, I already tried this and it works for me, but no success
with gnokii or minicom...

I'll probably try gnokii mailinglist (and kmobilephone).

Interesting thing is that when I load nsc-ircc module without
parameters (*1) on command line but there are parameters in
/etc/modules.conf:

alias irda0 nsc-ircc
options nsc-ircc dongle_id=0x09 io=0x2f8 irq=3

in dmesg this appears:

nsc-ircc, Found dongle: HP HSDL-1100/HSDL-2100

and when I load nsc-ircc with the same parameters as in
modules.conf but on command line there is this (*2):

nsc-ircc, Using dongle: IBM31T1100 or Temic TFDS6000/TFDS6500

*1) in this case irdadump and any other application doesn't
work

*2) in this case irdadump as well as /proc/net/irda/discovery
works but nothing else

Uff, this stuff is getting more and more interesting ;-)

Robert