[ltp] Wet AC adaptor

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:04:40 +1200

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:45, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> > I agree with all the other postings which suggest that you should just
> > buy another one. However I can also understand that you might have
> > considerable difficulty obtaining one. I do not know anything about the
> > internal layout of the Power-Pack ( And I'm not going to open mine to
> > find out - even for someone from Linuix-Land - so sorry )  but from the
> > look of my one you might be able to open it by cutting aound it with a
> > very fine saw in the slot where the two halves join.
>
> Chris,
> just out of sheer academic curiosity. Could the water be eliminated by
> soaking the whole unit in isopropilic alcohol a few times ?

You'd still have the difficulty of getting the alchohol to evaporate from
inside a nearly completely closed case.

> Of course I would be slightly scared of the alcohol or it's fumes
> hanging in the "case" waiting to ignite when heat/sparks from
> electricity arrived :)
Indeed!!!!

After I pressed the "Send" button last time I had the idea that one could
cause the water to evaporate by putting the power unit in a vacuum chamber
and pumping the air and water ( as vapour ) out of the almost fully enclosed
space.

--
CS