InputDevices (was: Re: [ltp] performance with X.org - radeon 7500 T41)

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:36:55 +0200

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 15:43 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> So if you set EmulateWheel only in the /dev/psaux section, but not in
> the /dev/input/mice section, it should work the way you want.

Unfortunately the synaptics driver does not support the EmulateWheel
option.

BTW, no idea how the unified /dev/input/mice device works, I'm not
really a kernel hacker. ;)

> By the way, if anyone figures a way to disable the mouse buttons below
> the touchpad, but leave the touchpad itself active (as well as the mouse
> buttons above the touchpad), I'd be grateful for the information how to
> do it.

The obvious
  Option "Buttons" "0"
doesn't work with the synaptics driver (doesn't support the option), but
doesn't work with the normal mouse driver either. The man page for
xorg.conf shouldn't state it takes an integer if you can't put 0
there...

Regards
WK, really looking forward to hotpluggable XInput, whenever it'll arrive
--
http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p