[ltp] Re: Z Series

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:39:04 +0200

--=-/DLLfRSCT3Rr7sivZ0TH

On Mi, 2005-09-21 at 14:25 -0400, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Anyone know anything about the "Z series" ThinkPads?

> Looks like the Z60t is a smaller T-series (14" widescreen, <5 lbs) and
> the Z60m, I don't know what to compare it to (15.4", <7 lbs).  The 14"
> widescreen seems a little small to me.  But I wonder how the build
> quality comapres to the T and all that.

Well, first glance shows the direction they are going - mainstream :-(

1) The typical IBM casing is gone. Instead of the super-sturdy top lids
   which kind of link into the body with their snugly fitting "teeth"
   levovo went the usual "a hook and some cheap rubber pads" way.
2) They have Windows[tm] keys. UGH.
3) They come in new colors (titanium).

If they continue this way, give them 2 or 3 more model generations and
you wont be able to tell a Thinkpad from an el cheapo supermarket
notebook. Thats what I am afraid of.
Granted, its the cheapest way but IMHO the worst thing they can do - to
us and ultimatively to their business.

best regards,
		Fionn
--=20
"There ought to be limits to freedom!"
  *** US presidential candidate Gov. George W. Bush, press
      conference at the Texas State House, May 21, 1999

--=-/DLLfRSCT3Rr7sivZ0TH

--=-/DLLfRSCT3Rr7sivZ0TH--