[ltp] Fw: ThinkPad R50e Modem

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:10:50 +1200

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:47, =D0=9A=D0=B0=D0=B9=D0=B4=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=BD=D0=B8=
=D0=BA =D0=90.=D0=9B wrote:
> I have installed master AltLinux 2.4
> Module slamr -in use
> Daemon slmodemd running
> When i use terminal for query modem- modem answer- all ok.
> But physikaly modem dont send any tones on line and when i try connect wh=
it
> kppp - error: no dial tone

Exactly the same here.
I tried the Linuxant driver too, but it worked once only and then never aga=
in.
Why it did this I simply do not know.

I eventually solved/worked around the problem by using a standard external=
=20
hardware modem and a USB -> RS232 single channel converter.

Kernel module ftdi_sio.

Have you tried running the scanmodem utility from:-
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/scanModem.gz
so that you are certain you have the correct modem software for the hardwar=
e=20
in your ThinkPad.

=2D-=20
CS