[ltp] server layout in X.org - radeon 7500 T41

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 01:24:51 +0300

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 12:47:21PM +0200, alejo wrote:
> since a week im trying to fine tune my server layout to control my =20
> external monitor 19" sony multiscan CRT.
>=20
> i have managed to get the layout i want. withouth a clone desktop =20
> from the LCD but 2 independent spaces. perfect for presentations.
>=20
> but when i copy paste the server layout from one xorg to the other i =20
> loose DRI and get the message of DRI disabled -- Dual Head =20
> Configuration is not working with DRI at present. Please use the =20
> radeon MergeFB option if you want Dual-head with DRI
>=20
> below is my xorg.conf, i hope is all a question of bad =20
> synthax...though i tryied using MergeFB "True"  or "true" or =20
> "on"...DRI works fine in other configs that dont involve 2 =20
> screens...i get 1200fps under my own glxgears realms.

The option is called "MergedFB", not "MergeFB".  If you want to use it,
you need only one screen section, not two.  If you use MergedFB, you
have specify the relative position of the two monitors as an option
in the Device section, and not within the ServerLayout section.

Take a look at my working xorg.conf that I use on my T42 (Radeon 7500):

  http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf

Also, the radeon(4x) manual page is useful.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I once asked an older coworker and Solaris guru what happened with the
Unix-haters list. He told me that it stopped being quite so funny once Wind=
ows
NT came along.
		-- the gnat at slashdot

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0