[ltp] Terminal Sound

Lars Roland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:32:06 +0200

Hi all

I have a t42 and is running gentoo on it - I am getting somewhat tired
of the laptop speaker making a sound when I use the terminal (usually
when trying to expand a non-atomic path using the tab key). I have
tried muting everything using alsamixer and have cycled through all
the settings in the bios but I am unable to find the right place to
turn off this behaviour (perhaps its an acpi setting ?). If anyone
know how to make it completely quiet then I will be happy to hear how
(I can live with the occasional sound when using the fn key).

Regards.

Lars Roland