[ltp] server layout in X.org - radeon 7500 T41

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:50:31 +0200

--=-xOGsUkDjw3Zh5U1PBHMi

hi,

the usb-mouse behaviour can be solved by disabling the booting from USB
in Bios.

Greetz

Konstantin

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 02:01 +0200, alejo wrote:
> Marius, thanks for sahring your config. it works very well in terms =20
> of the layout but even thought i changed the default depth to 16 =20
> instead of 24 im getting only 885fps...meanwhile i have other configs =20
> that go up to 1225fps..
>=20
> will this difference will be just because the MergedFB is on "true" ??
>=20
> (and yes you were right i had a typo in my config, but it was =20
> corrected...the problem was that i sent the old config instead of the =20
> revisited one where i included the changes few others of this list =20
> made before)
>=20
> another wierd behaviour is that my usb mouse kills the synaptics =20
> touchpad if the kernel is booted with usb mouse connected, if not i =20
> can just plug it after boot is over and i have then both mouse and =20
> symaptics touchpad...if i forget to unplug it...i loose the tarckpad.
>=20
> regards,
> /a
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Sep 24, 2005, at 12:24 AM, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>=20
> > On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 12:47:21PM +0200, alejo wrote:
> >
> >> since a week im trying to fine tune my server layout to control my
> >> external monitor 19" sony multiscan CRT.
> >>
> >> i have managed to get the layout i want. withouth a clone desktop
> >> from the LCD but 2 independent spaces. perfect for presentations.
> >>
> >> but when i copy paste the server layout from one xorg to the other i
> >> loose DRI and get the message of DRI disabled -- Dual Head
> >> Configuration is not working with DRI at present. Please use the
> >> radeon MergeFB option if you want Dual-head with DRI
> >>
> >> below is my xorg.conf, i hope is all a question of bad
> >> synthax...though i tryied using MergeFB "True"  or "true" or
> >> "on"...DRI works fine in other configs that dont involve 2
> >> screens...i get 1200fps under my own glxgears realms.
> >>

> > The option is called "MergedFB", not "MergeFB".  If you want to use =20
> > it,
> > you need only one screen section, not two.  If you use MergedFB, you
> > have specify the relative position of the two monitors as an option
> > in the Device section, and not within the ServerLayout section.
> >
> > Take a look at my working xorg.conf that I use on my T42 (Radeon =20
> > 7500):
> >
> >   http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf
> >
> > Also, the radeon(4x) manual page is useful.
> >
> > Marius Gedminas
> > --=20
> > I once asked an older coworker and Solaris guru what happened with the
> > Unix-haters list. He told me that it stopped being quite so funny =20
> > once Windows
> > NT came along.
> >         -- the gnat at slashdot
> >
>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-xOGsUkDjw3Zh5U1PBHMi

--=-xOGsUkDjw3Zh5U1PBHMi--