[ltp] Suggested 2.6.x kernel for 600e better than 2.6.8?

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:02:59 -0700

The 2.6 kernel that comes with Debian Sarge is 2.6.8, which is the one that
breaks APM on a ThinkPad 600e. I understand that some later 2.6 kernels are
giving people fits wrt 600-series machines. What is the safe 2.6.x kernel to
use on a 600e? I know that 2.6.9 fixed the APM problem and I successfully ran
it on my 600e with my own old Linux install.

Could you point me to a Debian-style repository with later kernel images and
suggest which 2.6 kernel to use on this machine? Let me know, thanks.

Michelle
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273