[ltp] server layout in X.org - radeon 7500 T41

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:18:17 +0300

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 02:01:13AM +0200, alejo wrote:
> Marius, thanks for sahring your config. it works very well in terms =20
> of the layout but even thought i changed the default depth to 16 =20
> instead of 24 im getting only 885fps...meanwhile i have other configs =20
> that go up to 1225fps..

Well, glxgears shows that I get only 531.200 FPS -- although I've heard that
glxgears is a very bad choice for a benchmark.  glxinfo verifies that I
do have direct rendering enabled.

(Personally, I do not understand why you would ever need more than 60 FPS
-- that's the frequency the LCD updates the picture.  Granted, you want
those 60 FPS for a *much* more complex 3D scene than glxgears. ;-)

> will this difference will be just because the MergedFB is on "true" ??

I do not know.  I only know that if you use two screens without
MergedFB, direct rendering will be disabled.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Hacking graphics in X is like finding sqrt(pi) with roman numerals.
        -- man xdaliclock

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF

--bi5JUZtvcfApsciF--