[ltp] how to play drm WMAs (on my thinkpad)

Adrian Midgley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:32:52 +0100

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 08:58 +0200, Vijay Garla wrote:

> I've got a dual boot win xp pro/suse 9.3 thinkpad.  I'dl like to play my
> legally acquired WMAs (from rhapsody) on linux as well as windows.  How
> can I do this?

The long-term answer is to decline to buy them, request a copy or
version that you can play on your equipment from the original authors,
and ask your friends and contacts to not buy them.

Buying them, and then doing something that seems to us quite legitimate
but is presented by the copyright owners and distributirs as both
illegal and a cause of loss to them actually reinfoces the current use
of DRM and its extension and other bad things.

How about playing CDs on a CD player?