[ltp] r300 and x/mesa/drm CVS

Kevin Fenzi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:42:50 -0600

Greetings.

I was on a roll this weekend tweaking around with my thinkpad t42p. I
got HDAPS ( http://hdaps.sf.net ) working so I could watch my thinkpad
know that it was tilting and bioapi/pam_bioapi
( http://www.qrivy.net/~michael/blua/ ) all working with my fingerprint
reader, so I can use that to login and unlock my xscreensaver.

So, I decided to try and play with the r300 driver too to see if I
could get it working. I didn't have as much luck with that. ;(

I pulled down drm, Mesa, and xc trees from CVS at freedesktop.
I got everything to build after a bit of tweaking with it.

Not wanting to totally mess up my existing X setup, I tried replacing
just the 5 files that Dax Kelson mentioned were all that were needed
on Fedora Core 4:
http://mail.matrix.de/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-July/027670.html

Unfortunately that got me:

Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 3
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 4
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 6.8.99.900, module version = 1.0.0
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.2
(II) UnloadModule: "dri"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
(EE) Failed to load module "dri" (once-only module, 142746184)
(II) LoadModule: "radeon"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
(EE) LoadModule: Module radeon does not have a radeonModuleData data object.
(II) UnloadModule: "radeon"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (invalid module, 0)

Looking for any of those errors on google doesn't seem to result in an
answer. :(

Has anyone seen this error before?

Is anyone running the CVS versions of Mesa/drm/xc with a r300
supported card? Mine is a ATI FireGL Mobility T2 (M10) NT (AGP).

Is anyone running the cvs r300 under fedora core 4?
Can you put your copies of:

drm.ko
radeon.ko
r300_dri.so