[ltp] I can't choice : R50 or R52

Gurunandan R. Bhat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:15:50 +0530

Sorry. The program is "915resolution" and my distribution is Fedora Core
4

Regards
Gurunandan

Hi,

I have two month old R52 AQ1 1860 (the one that does 1400x1050 on
Windows). The only issue I faced (initially) was getting X running at
1400x1050. I solved the problem by using "915on my resolution"  - a
program that forces the Video BIOS to report a dummy mode to X. Once I
got that working, I have only two other todos: One to get my ACPI going
(more my laziness than the kernel's ;) and the second to get the
internal modem going. I dont care about either since I happily use an
external USB CDMA phone to dial out - and thatworks like a charm. All in
all a good machine. In India this model comes with a 3-year warranty -
which is why I bought it.

I even dropped hot coffee on the keyboard once. The keyboard and the
machine worked fine after a days drying. The Coffee tasted a bit smoked
after it came out though ;)

Regards
Guru