[ltp] r300 and x/mesa/drm CVS

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:06:33 -0400

On 9/26/05, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I was on a roll this weekend tweaking around with my thinkpad t42p. I
> got HDAPS ( http://hdaps.sf.net ) working so I could watch my thinkpad
> know that it was tilting and bioapi/pam_bioapi
> ( http://www.qrivy.net/~michael/blua/ ) all working with my fingerprint
> reader, so I can use that to login and unlock my xscreensaver.
>
> So, I decided to try and play with the r300 driver too to see if I
> could get it working. I didn't have as much luck with that. ;(
>
> I pulled down drm, Mesa, and xc trees from CVS at freedesktop.
> I got everything to build after a bit of tweaking with it.
>
> Not wanting to totally mess up my existing X setup, I tried replacing
> just the 5 files that Dax Kelson mentioned were all that were needed
> on Fedora Core 4:
> http://mail.matrix.de/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-July/027670.html
>
> Unfortunately that got me:

> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 9
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 3
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 4
> (II) Module dri: vendor=3D"X.Org Foundation"
>         compiled for 6.8.99.900, module version =3D 1.0.0
>         ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.2
> (II) UnloadModule: "dri"
> (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
> (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (once-only module, 142746184)
> (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
> (EE) LoadModule: Module radeon does not have a radeonModuleData data obje=
ct.
> (II) UnloadModule: "radeon"
> (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
> (EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (invalid module, 0)
>
> Looking for any of those errors on google doesn't seem to result in an
> answer. :(
>
> Has anyone seen this error before?
>
> Is anyone running the CVS versions of Mesa/drm/xc with a r300
> supported card? Mine is a ATI FireGL Mobility T2 (M10) NT (AGP).
>
> Is anyone running the cvs r300 under fedora core 4?
> Can you put your copies of:
>
> drm.ko
> radeon.ko

you're going to have problems unless the kernel modules were built
with the save version of gcc as your kernel.  You will also have to
add your card's primary pci id to the drm before you build it or it
won't load for your card.

> r300_dri.so
> libdri.a
> radeon_drv.o
>
> up somewhere on the net?

Also newer version of xorg and mesa require libdrm which you will need
to install.  your best bet is to follow the building instructions
here:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building

Alex