[ltp] battery update

FeRD linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:56:43 -0400

--------------070904080406080802060705

Steffen Schwientek wrote:

>The batterycase is glued. I opened my battery case with an sharp knife on the
>sides. Force is also required.
>If your work is finished, you can glue the 2 parts together.
>
>Regards Steffen, waiting for accu-cells.

Ah! The voice of experience; reassuring even when it only confirms what
we already suspect is the disappointing truth. ;) Thanks, I was afraid
it was purely a pry-and-pray job. Those extrusion-point-looking
depressions in the outside casing that I originally thought were screw
heads were the biggest giveaway, I assume there are support structures
for the internals opposite those? (Rhetorical question.)

I tend to be a visual thinker, I'll feel infinitely better about this if
I just have a mental picture of the insides and what I'm going to be
poking at before I try to "force" (scary word) the casing. Do you
perhaps have / could you take pictures of an opened one to share,
assuming it's not already glued back together? (PLEASE don't crack it
open again just to take photos for me. I'm just being paranoid, the
battery I'm planning to work on _is_/ /a completely-useless-as-is spare
anyway, if I break it while trying this then I'll have my own exploded
model to guide me in working on the other one.)  ;)

Thanks,
  -FeRD

P.S> (Sorry for the incredible lag time between your post and this
reply, I read email offline and very infrequently of late, unfortunately
for me.)

--------------070904080406080802060705

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Steffen Schwientek wrote:
  <pre wrap="">
The batterycase is glued. I opened my battery case with an sharp knife on the
sides. Force is also required.
If your work is finished, you can glue the 2 parts together.

Regards Steffen, waiting for accu-cells.
  </pre>
Ah! The voice of experience; reassuring even when it only confirms what
we already suspect is the disappointing truth. ;) Thanks, I was afraid
it was purely a pry-and-pray job. Those extrusion-point-looking
depressions in the outside casing that I originally thought were screw
heads were the biggest giveaway, I assume there are support structures
for the internals opposite those? (Rhetorical question.)<br>
I tend to be a visual thinker, I'll feel infinitely better about this
if I just have a mental picture of the insides and what I'm going to be
poking at before I try to "force" (scary word) the casing. Do you
perhaps have / could you take pictures of an opened one to share,
assuming it's not already glued back together? (PLEASE don't crack it
open again just to take photos for me. I'm just being paranoid, the
completely-useless-as-is spare anyway, if I break it while trying this
then I'll have my own exploded model to guide me in working on the
other one.)&nbsp; ;)<br>
Thanks,<br>
&nbsp; -FeRD<br>
P.S&gt; (Sorry for the incredible lag time between your post and this
reply, I read email offline and very infrequently of late,
unfortunately for me.)<br>

--------------070904080406080802060705--