[ltp] Re: I can't choice : R50 or R52.

William Dode linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:37:58 +0000 (UTC)

On 26-09-2005, brenner-ltp@gymglish.com wrote:
> Hello !
>
>> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:39, Francois Maltey wrote:
>>> I find a R50e at 680 EUR.
>>> at http://www.rueducommerce.fr/mobile/showdetl.cfm?product_id=5335

Francois, r50e is a very good laptop, i bought it in rueducommerce
also, feel free to contact me if you want to discuss about it in french.

>> I could not get the modem in a ThinkPad-50e to work.
>> It does not have a pad for moving the cursor.
> I have an R50e running Centos 4.1 (RHEL 4.1 clone)
> I had no pb with the modem using the (non free but gratis
> at low speed) conexant HSF modem driver. They even have
> a binary rpm for the rhel distro...
> I am very pleased with the TP R50e (mind you, it is a
> thinkpad !).
> The only bad thing so far: I could not suspend to ram
> without screwing the X11 display on resume.

I can suspend to ram on my r50e (on debian sarge) without problem with
X.

I don't remember where i found this, but i have this option in
XF86Config-4
Section "Monitor"
    Option  "VBERestore" "true"

in /etc/acpid/actions/sleep.sh

#!/bin/bash

/bin/sync

/sbin/rmmod uhci-hcd
/sbin/rmmod ehci-hcd

/usr/bin/chvt 1

logger "s3test: saving video state and PCI config space."
cat /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0 > /var/cache/video.config

#logger "s3test: entering state"
/etc/init.d/mysql stop
/etc/init.d/network stop
echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
/etc/init.d/network start
/etc/init.d/mysql start
#logger "s3test: back from state"

#logger "s3test: restoring PCI config space and video state."
cat /var/cache/video.config > /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0

#logger "s3test: removing temporary files."
rm -rf /var/cache/video.config

/usr/bin/chvt 7

/sbin/modprobe uhci-hcd
/sbin/modprobe ehci-hcd

#logger "s3test: success!"

however i've somes problem with network after resume, it works and
sometimes stop, i have to restart it...

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net