[ltp] how to play drm WMAs (on my thinkpad)

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:54:15 +0200

Vijay Garla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a dual boot win xp pro/suse 9.3 thinkpad.  I'dl like to play
> my legally acquired WMAs (from rhapsody) on linux as well as windows.
> How can I do this?
>
> Googling around a bit, it seems the only way to "rip" drm protected
> WMAs is to burn them to a cd (or iso) and rip the cd (sounds like a
> pain).  At any rate, I really don't need to rip the wmas - I just want
> to play them on linux.  Any hints?
>
> TIA,
>
> - vijay

I would suggest to you to avoid those DRM. As you can feel, it will
cause you a lot of problems and will *never* improve artist's condition.
The only one who profit from that is the end seller (editor, maybe), and
the owner of the file-protection (miscrosoft in this case) because it
can control the way you listen to your music, and force you to use its
software on its OS.
Just avoid it, audio cds are cheap on the internet, and the pleasure to
have a real album is important.

paul