[ltp] Not amused...

Bernd Illig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:45:15 +0200

am Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:37:37 +1200
schrieb Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@paradise.net.nz>:

> (snipped)
> True, up to a point. The point being that you can, and should, seeing as =
you=20
> are on a slow line, set up your mail client to request your authority if =
it=20
> wants to download an attachment larger than the size you specify.
>=20

Hi,
let me throw my hat in the ring ;)

Of course, nearly ervery MUA can be enabled to filter large mails. I do
that, too. But I didn=B4t calculate that someone is blackouted enough to
hit the _all_ other members in a tech-oriented mailing list with an 1.5
MB attachment. I don=B4t hope that this list is going to be spammed with
more of that stuff.
There is an easy workaround: Start a Yahoo group and load up all
interesting or not-so interesting thingies there. Then put a link to
this group and everyone is happy.=20

cheers,

Bernd Illig
Muenster/Heidelberg, GER