[ltp] Re: r300 and x/mesa/drm CVS

Kevin Fenzi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:07:32 -0600

>>>>> "Fionn" == Fionn Behrens <fionn@spamfilter.de> writes:

Fionn> On Mo, 2005-09-26 at 10:07 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Good point. I will go check and make sure I used the same compiler
>> as the kernel for those modules. They loaded fine, but that might
>> not mean much I guess.

Fionn> And dont forget to tell us if you succeed and how. ;-)

Yeah, no luck.

The kernel modules seem to load fine, and I have confirmed that they
were compiled with the same compiler as my kernel.

I have confirmed that my pciid for my card is in the drm headers as a
valid card.

The problem I am having is with libdri.a... it won't load.
I suspect it's looking for something else that I have not installed
and blowing up, but not entirely sure what.

The messages I get are:

(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 4
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 3
tons of those
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 3
Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 4
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 6.8.99.900, module version = 1.0.0
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.2
(II) UnloadModule: "dri"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
(EE) Failed to load module "dri" (once-only module, 150401272)

And then probibly because the libdri.a didn't load:

(II) LoadModule: "radeon"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
(EE) LoadModule: Module radeon does not have a radeonModuleData data object.
(II) UnloadModule: "radeon"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (invalid module, 0)

So, I think the next step is to make a seperate /usr/X11R6.9.99.900/
tree and install everything into it and run X out of it.

kevin