[ltp] t43 ipw2200 wireless

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:14:32 -0400

My lsmod output looks like

ipw2200               183560  0
firmware_class         10624  1 ipw2200
ieee80211              49156  1 ipw2200
ieee80211_crypt         6856  2 ipw2200,ieee80211

Is it possible that your firmware did not get loaded? Did you try
compile the module yourself? Did you put firmware files into the
hotplug directory /lib/hotplug/firmware/? It should have files
ipw-2.3-*. Also what will happen if, after making sure you did all the
above, you try /etc/init.d/hotplug stop then /etc/init.d/hotplug start?

Good luck
Jiang