[ltp] Re: Z Series

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:25:57 +0200

Hei,

> Well, first glance shows the direction they are going - mainstream :-(
>
> 1) The typical IBM casing is gone. Instead of the super-sturdy top lids
>    which kind of link into the body with their snugly fitting "teeth"
>    levovo went the usual "a hook and some cheap rubber pads" way.
> 2) They have Windows[tm] keys. UGH.
> 3) They come in new colors (titanium).
   4) More fancy sound system.
   5) Rounded curves instead of straight edges.
   6) Multimedia keys

> If they continue this way, give them 2 or 3 more model generations and
> you wont be able to tell a Thinkpad from an el cheapo supermarket
> notebook. Thats what I am afraid of.
> Granted, its the cheapest way but IMHO the worst thing they can do - to
> us and ultimatively to their business.

I totally agree. It seems they are about to take the brand out of the brand.

My only hope is that they would keep the Z series only for that and
leave the other series (especially T and X) untouched by those
developments. But then they should have labeled them M series like
"Mainstream".

André.