[ltp] Question on ifplugd and ACPI suspend

Michael Olbrich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:48:54 +0200

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 11:26:12AM +0200, Jan Girlich wrote:
> Bob Alexander schrieb:
> >I like ifplugd which monitors my eth0 and brings up/down the interface
> >if its plugged/unplugged.
> >
> >There is one case which is not working though.
> >
> >1) Interface is up and running at home with address A
> >2) I suspend
> >3) Plug into my office LAN
> >4) Address remains A
> >
> >At this point if I manually unplug the cable and then plug back in
> >ifplugd correctly intervenes and assigns address B to eth0.
> >
> >Can I force ifplugd to check things after a suspend (using swsusp2).
>
> Sure, the easiest would be restarting ifplugd in your suspend-script
> right after waking up. But you might find a more elegant way to let
> ifplugd recognize the new LAN when studying man ifplugd.

ifplugd -S / ifplugd -R
You should also check whether you disto provides any scripts for this.
E.g. in debian the ifplugd package contains scripts for APM but not ACPI

michael