[ltp] IrDa and double boot WinXP/Linux problem

Harry Popov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:04:54 +0300

Hi all,

I have T600X with double boot Win XP and SuSe 9.1 Personal. Every time after
booting XP my infrared is not working under Linux. I have to enter bios and
initialize hardware to be able to enable the infrared port. Every thing works
fine until I boot again Win XP. After that no IrDa under Linux again, the
device is disabled:

ham:/home/harry # findchip -v
reg=0x011
Found NSC PC87338 Controller at 0x2e, DevID=0x0b, Rev. 2
    SIR Base 0x2f8, FIR Base 0x2f8
    IRQ = 4, DMA = 3
    Enabled: no, Suspended: no
    UART compatible: yes
    Half duplex delay = 0 us

Please any advice how to solve the problem. /Stop using Windows is not an
advice :) / I need both win/lin and IrDa.

Regards, Harry Popov