[ltp] kubuntu breezy on a22p

Harry Mangalam linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:11:38 -0700

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 01:15 pm, Richard Neill wrote:
> Harry Mangalam wrote:
> > Impressive.
>
> Absolutely. How does it cope with re-loading drivers? Eg if you have an
> external disk mounted by firewire HDD, or if you currently have the
> sound card open by Xmms ?

Well, I hibernated the laptop when still connected to several machines, and
when hibernated, I removed the disk to screw it into a new cradle, then
re-inserted the disk and powered up.  When it came up, not only were the
screen and apps up and active as they were before, but so were the ssh
connections to the remote machines.  sound was dead tho and I've not been able
to figure out how to restart it after a few minutes of poking at likely
scripts.

I've done it several times (tho not 25 yet - probably 10) and it's always come
back.  One more note after I hit 25 :)

--
Cheers, Harry
Harry J Mangalam - 949 856 2847 (vox; email for fax) - hjm@tacgi.com